Monday 17 January 2011

7y2: Poetry Module - Lessons Five & Six - Form and Haiku


Play the game 'Haiku Hero' (click the picture or the link).

Write the best haiku you make in the 'comments' section at the bottom of this post with your name. To do this you need to select 'name and url' from the options; type your name and click 'post'; then enter the key word. If you can't do this, write them in word and send to my work postbox.

Also:

For this haiku explain:

1) Some facts you've learnt about haiku;
2) Why you chose the words you did - "I chose the word ___ because______" - as much detail as possible;

3) If you had to change any words to fit the pattern.

Finally, as an extra challenge (for vivos!):

Write a haiku or any other type of poem about yourself - this will go in your file.

Post all homework in the comments section or submit on paper by Tuesday 25th January.

Also, here is a copy of The Wendigo by Ogden Nash if anyone want to read it again!

Click to make big.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this game in a way I cannot describe. Lets say it was basic yet new and I liked it because it was different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mr Nall my haiku is

    you write on a pad,
    to possibly make some notes,
    that help you learn more.

    ive learnt that a haiku is a short and catchy poem which has 5 sylables on the first line then 7 on the second the 5 on the last.

    I chose the word notes because thats what write in a pad.
    my words all fitted the haiku

    ReplyDelete